The only challenging task that men deal with in grooming is shaving. Luckily, they do not have to worry about wax, bikini shave, and threading like women. Shaving creams or gels are the primary material required for completing the process. However, the question of choosing between either of two is a tough choice for many men. Most of the men are afraid of shaving nicks, burns, cuts, and irritation. A few of the guys reading the article might have found their ideal shaving product for life. Once you feel satisfied with a product, you are in no hurry to change it any sooner. The same is the case with the shaving creams and gels.
People find it confusing to choose an item that will suit their skin. Let us look at some of the aspects that will guide you to pick a better item according to your convenience:
- What is a shaving cream?
Shaving cream is a grooming product for men that help in creating a protective layer between skin and razor. It decreases the episodes of razor bumps and irritation caused by it. Latest Shaving creams mostly come in the aerosol packaging/cans. Mixing the shaving cream with water in an appropriate amount causes the formation of a rich lather that helps in soothing your skin during shaving. We will discuss the pros and cons of it in the next section.
- What is a shaving gel?
Shaving gels are another protective agent that is of great help during shaving. The shaving gels help in easy gliding of your razor by forming a protective layer again. The mechanism is almost similar. But, there are differences in texture and the way they feel to your skin. Shaving gels do not need the addition of water, and also they do not foam like shaving creams. These gels are also rich in moisturization of your skin because of the presence of oils in it. Jump on to the next section to know which product is better for your skin.
- Which product is better for you?
- Easy-glide: Shaving gels are better to handle as they are more comfortable to glide.
- Lathering: Shaving creams form a rich lather on the mixing it with water.
- Consistency: The shaving gels are transparent and thin. You require a lesser amount of gels in contrast to the creams. On the other hand, shaving creams are airier and non-transparent.
- Moisture: The addition of several beneficial oils in the shaving gels makes them more moisture providing.
- Easy to rinse: A shaving cream is more accessible to rinse because of its rich lathery consistency. The gels are mostly stickier than the creams, which makes them hard to rinse.
- Sensitive skin: If you have a sensitive skin, shaving gel is a better option as it keeps your skin hydrated and calm. Shaving gels contain cooling agents that work perfectly in soothing your skin.
Knowing how to select the right product for you can make a miraculous change in your life. We hope that you will finally be able to pick one of these two shaving products. Thanks for reading!